University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
Laptop Loaner ProgramWeb Link
The Campus Library Instructional Computing Commons (CLICC )offers a large selection of equipment, such as laptops, projectors, GoPro cameras, and a wide variety of small items, that are available to check out. For more specific information on our equipment, lending policies, and fines, please see our list of equipment below:
Presentation Kits (projectors)
Small Items Lending
Information on Fines
CLICC EquipmentCampus Library Instructional Computing Commons (CLICC )offers a large selection of equipment, such as laptops, projectors, GoPro cameras, and a wide variety of small items, that are available to check out. For more specific information on our equipment, lending policies, and fines, please see our list of equipment below:
- Laptop Lending
- Presentation Kits (projectors)
- Small Items Lending
- Information on Fines
Laptop LendingCLICC offers laptop lending to any UCLA student, faculty and staff with a valid BruinCard. We have lending locations in seven libraries: Arts, Biomed, SEL/Geology, Music, Powell, SEL/Boelter, and Research Library. Laptops are checked out for six hours at a time, and users may renew their laptop once for an additional six hours. In addition to laptops, CLICC also lends out headphones, computer mice, phone chargers, and HDMI cables, as well as projectors (only at Research Library and Powell lending locations).
Who can check out a laptop?
- Current undergraduate and graduate students, staff, and faculty can check out laptops as long as they have a BruinCard. No other form of ID will be accepted.
- Laptop borrowing privileges may be revoked or suspended based on violations of policies at the discretion of Library Administration.
How do I check out a laptop?
- Approach the laptop lending counter at any of our laptop lending stations (see above) and present a valid BruinCard. CLICC consultants or staff members will scan the laptop, charger, and any other small items you would like to check out, and will issue you a laptop bag.
How long can I have the laptop?
- The laptop is due in exactly 6 hours, or at the time of closing if there are less than 6 hours remaining in that day. Laptops can be renewed only once.
- You can log onto your My Account on the Library Catalog to verify your laptop due time. In My Account you can also check if your laptop has been discharged from your account after you return it.
Can I renew my laptop? How do I do that?
- Yes, laptops can be renewed once for another 6 hours period starting from time of the renewal, or until closing time.
- The laptop must be renewed before the due date time. You cannot renew a laptop if it is already late. You must bring the laptop, along with the bag and all its accessories, to the lending station and check-in the laptop. Only then can you check-out the laptop and start a new six hour block.
- You can renew your laptop online via the icon provided on the desktop of the laptop, over the phone, or in person at the lending location.
How do I return my laptop?
- Return your laptop on-time with the bag and all its accessories to the lending station from which you obtained the laptop.
- An inventory will be made of all these items, and the screen will be checked for cracks or other damage. If something is missing or damages were incurred, it will be noted in our system and you may be fined.
But what if my laptop's lending station is closed?
- All laptops may be returned at 145 Powell Library if other lending stations are closed.
- If you noticed a problem with your laptop, please let the CLICC consultant or staff know upon return so we can address the problem.
Overnight Laptop LendingOvernight laptops are available for checkout to current UCLA undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff with their valid BruinCard. They can be checked out from our Powell lending location between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM Sunday through Thursday, and they are due back the next morning at 9:00 AM. The same late fines apply. Overnight laptop lending is available Sunday through Thursday, Week 1 through Finals Week every quarter.
- Where: CLICC Powell Lending (in the Powell Reading Room)
- When: 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Sunday through Thursday
- Due Date: 9:00 AM the next morning
Presentation KitsReserve a presentation kit (pickup at CLICC Lab - Powell Library) Reserve a presentation kit (pickup at CLICC Laptop lending desk - YRL Research Commons)CLICC offers seven Presentation Kits for use across campus. Each kit contains a compact projector, VGA cable, VGA to Thunderbolt adapter, a power cable, and an extension cable. Students, faculty, and staff can borrow these kits free of charge for up to four hours by presenting their active BruinCard.Two kits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Biomedical Library circulation desk.Five additional presentation kits are available by reservation only at the CLICC Lab in Powell Library and CLICC Laptop Lending in the Charles E. Young Research Library. These five kits can be reserved online by students, faculty, and staff.General questions about this service can be submitted to the UCLA Library IT Help Portal.Late presentation kits will incur fines.
Other Small ItemsCLICC offers small item lending for headsets, computer mice, white board markers, phone chargers, and HDMI cables. These are available to any undergraduate or graduate student, Staff, or Faculty with a valid BruinCard. Late small items will incur fines at the same per-minute rate as laptops.
Late FinesIf you do not return your laptop, presentation kit, or other equipment on time, the fines are the following:
- $0.20 per minute after a laptop or any equipment is late.
- After 24 hours from overdue, in addition to the late fee at $0.20 per minute (or $12.00 per hour), an Item Replacement Fee and a $43 flat processing fee will be charged.