Southern Nazarene University
Non Sponsored School
Bethany, OKWeb Link
Laptop Programs:In order for undergraduate students at Southern Nazarene University to succeed academically, it is critical that they have ongoing access to a laptop computer. For the majority of classes, professors will ask students to use their computers during class on a daily basis. Additionally, students will be assigned homework, projects, or papers which require the use of a computer.
Laptop Options SNU currently offers two options for purchasing a laptop:1) Purchase a laptop through our pre-negotiated discount program with Dell. To view their pricing and select a computer visit Dell's SNU webpage. -OR- 2) Purchase a computer that meets the minimum specifications (see below) and bring your own device. Computer Hardware Specifications Before purchasing a laptop, be sure the system meets these specifications:
Minimum Specifications: Processor: Intel Core i5 Dual Core, or similar AMD Memory: 8 GB Operating System: Windows 10 Pro or MacOS Mojave Hard Drive: 128 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) Network: Dual-Band Wireless Warranty: 1 Year
Recommended Specifications: Processor: Intel Core i5, Quad Core or similar AMD Memory: 16 GB Operating System: Windows 10 Pro or MacOS Mojave Hard Drive: M.2 256 GB NVMe Solid State Drive (SSD) Network: Ethernet and Dual-Band wireless Warranty: 3 years Other: Built-in webcam
Major-Specific Computer Specifications:
- Graphic Design & Mass Communication students must have a Mac with capacity to run Adobe Creative Suite software (latest version which updates regularly.) If you are looking at buying a new mac, visit Apple's educational website and save some money: https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop.
- The School of Education strongly recommends, but does not require, a Mac computer.
- Biology and Chemistry strongly recommends all students have a laptop with a standard usb drive, the ability to run Microsoft Excel, and the ability to use Webprint.
- Math and math education majors strongly recommends all students to have a laptop (Chromebooks and iPads cannot run the software currently being used in Calculus I).
Degrees and Programs Offered:
PGS Technology Office
- Virus and Malware cleanup
- Help with upgrades (RAM and Hard Drive)
- Warranty Service
- Canvas course troubleshooting
- General Computer and network troubleshooting
- Password resets
To know more about laptop programs, click here.