Southern Nazarene University
Bethany, OKWeb Link
Laptop Programs:In order for undergraduate students at Southern Nazarene University to succeed academically, it is critical that they have ongoing access to a laptop computer. For the majority of classes, professors will ask students to use their computers during class on a daily basis. Additionally, students will be assigned homework, projects, or papers which require the use of a computer.
Laptop Options SNU currently offers two options for purchasing a laptop:1) Purchase a laptop through our pre-negotiated discount program with Dell. To view their pricing and select a computer visit Dell's SNU webpage. -OR- 2) Purchase a computer that meets the minimum specifications (see below) and bring your own device. Computer Hardware Specifications Before purchasing a laptop, be sure the system meets these specifications:
Minimum Specifications: Processor: Intel Core i5 Dual Core, or similar AMD Memory: 8 GB Operating System: Windows 10 Pro or MacOS Mojave Hard Drive: 128 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) Network: Dual-Band Wireless Warranty: 1 Year
Recommended Specifications: Processor: Intel Core i5, Quad Core or similar AMD Memory: 16 GB Operating System: Windows 10 Pro or MacOS Mojave Hard Drive: M.2 256 GB NVMe Solid State Drive (SSD) Network: Ethernet and Dual-Band wireless Warranty: 3 years Other: Built-in webcam
Major-Specific Computer Specifications:
- Graphic Design & Mass Communication students must have a Mac with capacity to run Adobe Creative Suite software (latest version which updates regularly.) If you are looking at buying a new mac, visit Apple's educational website and save some money: https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop.
- The School of Education strongly recommends, but does not require, a Mac computer.
- Biology and Chemistry strongly recommends all students have a laptop with a standard usb drive, the ability to run Microsoft Excel, and the ability to use Webprint.
- Math and math education majors strongly recommends all students to have a laptop (Chromebooks and iPads cannot run the software currently being used in Calculus I).
Degrees and Programs Offered:
At SNU, we believe when properly incorporated, technology enhances the educational experience. We also believe that every student who graduates from SNU should have a broad range of computer skills. All our classrooms and campuses are equipped with wireless networking and our curriculum is presented in a web-based format. We utilize this technology both in the classroom and outside of class.
PGS Technology Office
The technology office of SNU Professional and Graduate Studies is here to help all adult students with their technology needs. Services include:
- Virus and Malware cleanup
- Help with upgrades (RAM and Hard Drive)
- Warranty Service
- Canvas course troubleshooting
- General Computer and network troubleshooting
- Password resets