Shoreline Community College
Shoreline, WashingtonWeb Link
About the School:Shoreline Community College is a public community college in Shoreline, Washington. It is located in a residential area east of Shoreview Park. The college contains over 80 acres and continuously serves 12,000 full- and part-time students. It opened in 1964 and offers degree and certificate programs.
Laptops are available for check out for Online students!
- Eligible students are currently registered in at least one online (N section).
- If you live 50 miles or farther from the college, contact eLearning Services and we can arrange for a laptop to be checked out and mailed to your location for the beginning of the quarter. You will be responsible for return postage when returning the laptop. Laptops will not be mailed out to students who are driving distance from the college.
- Check-out period is from 10:00 AM on the first day of the current quarter until the end of the current quarter.
- Come to the Library/4000 building to check out a laptop using your student ID card. Please bring a copy of your current quarter registration to checkout the laptop.
- 8 MacBook Pros, 24 Chromebooks, and, 5 PC laptops that are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Chromebooks and MacBook Pros do not meet requirements for BUSTC classes.
- NOTES: Chromebooks
- Google Chrome browser is the only browser supported by Chromebook. You cannot install other browsers.
- Some internet tools used by instructors in Canvas are not compatible with Chromebooks. Please check with your instructor regarding additional required software for your Canvas courses.
- Adobe Reader is not available for Chrome books. It comes with the Chrome PDF viewer, which allows you to fill in the forms and view them, but it doesn’t allow for a simple save. You can print to PDF and that saves the file.
- ASB (student government) laptops—these are Windows and Chrome laptops, available to any current students for a one-week checkout period.
- Library Use Only laptops—Windows laptops for any student to use in the Library for two-hour checkout periods.