Salve Regina University
HP and AppleWeb Link
Laptop Programs:Designed to accommodate students with varying needs, Salve Regina’s recommended laptop program offers a number of HP and Apple laptops to all enrolled students. The focus of the program is to improve the learning experience and collaborative abilities for students who are interested in participating. To facilitate this program, Salve Regina has partnered with HP and Apple to offer students top-of-the-line laptops with extended warranties at a reduced cost. HP laptops ship preinstalled with Windows 10. They are covered by a four-year hardware warranty as well as accidental damage protection, serviced on campus by Salve Regina employees who are authorized HP engineers. Salve Regina has partnered with Connection, a premiere HP education partner, to offer top-of-the-line HP laptops with extended warranties at a reduced cost. Connection's education store allows students, faculty and staff to purchase computers, software and accessories at a discounted price. Newly accepted students, along with parents purchasing on behalf of their student, are also eligible. For added convenience, your purchase will ship directly to your home, allowing you to familiarize yourself with your laptop and customize it to your liking before the academic year begins. To view our recommended systems:
- Visit Salve Regina's HP store for education.
- Choose "First Time User?" in the lower left-hand corner of the page.
- HP's Elite design, which is durable for your college lifestyle and friendly to the environment.
- A software package that offers the programs you will need while attending Salve Regina, including productivity software like Microsoft Office Professional.
- Windows 10 (pre-installed) and continued update support.
- Fun with photos, music, movies and more.
- HP systems are built with strong materials, meet multiple specifications of military reliability and receive 115,000 hours of testing.
- Visit Salve Regina’s Apple site
- Choose the blue “Recommended Systems” towards the middle of the page
- Shop Now
- A smart design that is durable for your college lifestyle and friendly to the environment.
- Mac OS, which comes with the security and reliability of built-in defenses against viruses.
- Compatibility with Microsoft Office programs and the ability to run Windows.
- Fun with photos, music, movies and more with pre-loaded iLife software.
- Installed and updated antivirus software (needed to join the campus network). AVG Antivirus is the recommended freeware.
Added value of the recommended laptop program:
- Through the partnerships with HP and Apple, students can save a significant amount of money compared to what they would pay if they purchased their computer elsewhere.
- Since the University has recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus, all Full-time Students, Faculty and Staff members have the ability to download the full version of Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus for up to 5 personal machines. The software package includes the basic elements students will need to accomplish their work, along with tools to keep their computers safe and secure.
- Students benefit from onsite services provided by staff who are HP and Apple certified technicians. These services include hardware repair and replacement and, in extreme cases, whole unit replacement deemed necessary by the manufacturer, as well as software troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Technicians have the ability to quickly restore students' operating systems to their original state should they have any issues while on campus.
- The program allows participating students access to the same technology as their instructors, who utilize this technology as they produce new course materials and plan course activities.