Non Sponsored School
Los Angeles, California
Through the Guardian Scholars Program, eligible Pierce College students can take advantage of the book loaner program, complimentary books, complimentary supplies, refurbished free laptops at no cost, and tailored meal plans.
About the School:Los Angeles Pierce College is a public community college in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California. It is part of the Los Angeles Community College District and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. It serves 22,000 students each semester.
Laptop Programs:Los Angeles Pierce College has this program called Guardian Scholars. What is the Guardian Scholars Program?The Pierce College Guardian Scholars Program is designed as a one-stop center to support current and former foster youths to achieve their educational goals to either complete a Certificate, Associates Degree or Transfer to a university. The Guardian Scholars Program provides the following services:
- Meet with a designated Guardian Scholars staff in the Financial Aid Office
- Assist with the college admissions application
- Matriculation process: Assessment, Orientation, and Counseling
- Meet with a designated Guardian Scholars Counselor to develop your educational plan register for courses
- To schedule a counseling appointment with the Guardian Scholars Program Counselor please email us at [email protected]
- Assistance with the Financial Aid and Chafee applications
- Determine eligibility for EOP&S Program
- Referral to other support services such as Special Services, Tutoring, Bookstore, Transfer Center, etc
- Participate in our life skills workshops: Transfer process, Budgeting/Money Management, Health, Employment Readiness, etc
- Connect with John Burton Foundation to assist foster youths with the following resources:
- Book loaner program
- Books and supplies
- Critical needs fund
- Access to the Food Pantry
- Purchase cap and gown
- University tours
To know more about laptop programs, click here.