Oregon State University
Dell Lattitude, HP ChromebookWeb Link
- Installed Software
- Loan for 1 day or 1 week
- Laptop types: Dell Latitude and HP Chromebook
- Laptop bag includes laptop and charger. Computer mice may be borrowed separately.
- Laptops may be taken out of the library as long as long as you log on once before leaving campus. All laptops can connect to non-OSU wifi networks.
- 1 day laptops will be due at closing of the following day, or midnight if the library is not closing.
- Circulation staff will erase user content when the laptop is returned. Note: When you sign out of a Chromebook it will automatically wipe all local data including settings.
- Dell Latitude: Log in to the laptop using your ONID account before leaving campus. You can turn off the laptop and leave campus with it as long as you have first logged in while connected to the OSU wireless network.
- HP Chromebook : Log in to the laptop using your full Oregon State email: [email protected]. Chromebooks can leave campus and do not have to be on the OSU wifi to log in (but we do recommend that you log in before leaving campus wifi).
"I agree to pay all costs associated with damage to this laptop computer and its peripheral equipment, or its replacement costs should it be lost or stolen during my use. I understand that the replacement cost for this laptop computer is between $700 and $1,600 (depending on the laptop type) plus the accrued overdue fine(s)."
The Valley Library Circulation Desk has 39 Dell Latitude laptops available for term-long borrowing. These laptops are intended to be term-long laptop substitutes for students without computers. As such, applications are available for students in need of a laptop due to hardship or unexpected misfortune. For more information or to fill out the online application (if it’s currently open), go to bit.ly/valley-laptops. (If you get a permissions request for this form, please log out of your personal gmail. This form only allows OSU Google accounts.)
- Always due on the last day of term, NO exceptions.
- There are NO renewals for term-long laptops.
- No overdue fines.
- You may install software on this laptop but please do so at your own risk. The library is not responsible for loss of data, functionality, personal software licenses, or security resulting from how you use your local admin rights on this laptop.
- Each term's application period is at least 2 weeks long and begins the Monday of the week before the first week of the term (week 1 or week 0 for fall term) and closes on the Friday at the end of the first week of the term (week 1).
- To be eligible for a term-long laptop, applicants have to be:
- An OSU student
- In need of a laptop due to hardship or unexpected misfortune
- If an applicant meets these conditions, they get entered into a random lottery for one of the term-long laptops.
- The laptop recipients are notified usually by the Wednesday of the second week of the term.
- If you are not contacted by this date, you may be contacted at a later date as laptops are returned and become available.
- Applying for or getting a laptop for the upcoming term does not prevent you from getting a laptop in future terms if your need is ongoing. You may apply in all terms that you need a laptop.