Los Angeles Harbor College
Los Angeles, CaliforniaWeb Link
About the School:Los Angeles Harbor College is a public community college in Wilmington, California. It is one of two community colleges serving the South Bay region of Los Angeles. LAHC serves mainly students from Harbor City, Carson, San Pedro, Gardena, Lomita, Wilmington, and the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
Laptop Programs:The Los Angeles College Promise removes the financial, academic and personal obstacles to start your college education.It will seamlessly transition from graduating LAUSD students to full-time LACCD students. This will lead to college completion, enhance social mobility and equity for students, and a more robust local economy.Through L.A. Promise the LAUSD and Charter High Schools can receive one year of free full-time enrollment to all students graduating in 2019. They will also be participating in a Summer Orientation to prepare students for college; assistance completing Financial Aid forms, a structured class schedule, tutoring, and priority registration.To qualify:
- A student must be a 2019 graduate of an LAUSD or Charter school.
- The student must attend a full-time schedule (12 to 15 units)
- Complete FAFSA and/or BOGG Fee Waiver or Dream Act application.
- Waived tuition for two years of full-time college
- Dedicated support team providing a wide array of academic and student support
- Priority enrollment at any of LACCD's nine colleges
- Offers free laptops to first-time Angelino college students.