Los Angeles City College
Non Sponsored School
Los Angeles, CaliforniaWeb Link
About the School:Los Angeles City College is a public community college in East Hollywood, Los Angeles. A part of the Los Angeles Community College District is located on Vermont Avenue south of Santa Monica Boulevard on the former campus of the University of California, Los Angeles.
TRIO Student Support ServicesTRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program assists low income, first-generation and/or disabled students by providing opportunities for academic development assistance with basic college requirements, and serving to motivate students who have a strong interest in obtaining an Associate's degree or certificate and transferring to a four-year university.
Basic requirements to enroll in this service:
- The student is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- The student has been determined low income, first-generation and/or disabled with evidence of the academic need
- The student commits to transfer to a four-year institution with an A.A./A.S. degree
- The student has not completed an Associates Degree
- The student is enrolled in a minimum of 9 units per semester
Examples of services provided to students:
- Academic, Career & Personal Counseling
- Educational Workshops
- One-on-One Math and English Tutoring
- Laptop/calculator Loan Program
- Free Cultural Events & Field Trips
- Financial Aid Package Consideration
To know more about laptop programs, click here.