Non Sponsored School
Putney, VermontWeb Link
About the School:Landmark College is a private college in Putney, Vermont exclusively for those with diagnosed learning disabilities, attention disorders, or autism. If offers associate and bachelor's degree programs in the liberal arts and sciences and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Laptop Programs:New Landmark College students are required to purchase the Lenovo Yoga computer package. (See exceptions.) The Lenovo Yoga computer package is provided at a discounted price. This package ensures that the student’s academic technology needs in and out of the classroom are met. The computer is fully supported onsite by our Lenovo (IBM) Certified Staff, allowing quick resolution of any problems, and students receive a loaner computer while repairs are made. Package includes:
- Full technical support through Landmark College’s Help Desk on campus
- Hardware repairs by certified technicians
- A loaner computer if your computer needs to be repaired or have software reinstalled
- Landmark orders and does all computer set up for you
- Microsoft Office 365 Professional Plus and ESET Nod32 Anti-Virus is pre-installed
- Campus printers and network client pre-installed
- Three-year extended warranty to cover all repairs, including accidental damage
- All students who deposit will receive the Computer Package unless exception has been approved.
- Computer will be ordered and set up by Technical Support Services.
- Computer will be delivered to student at New Student Registration.
- The cost of the Computer Package will be billed to the student account.
Degrees and Programs Offered:
Student Computer Package DetailsLenovo ThinkPad Yoga Convertible Tablet/PC Computer
- Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz Processor
- 8GB Memory
- 256GB Solid State Drive
- Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
- Integrated Web Camera
- Digital Pen
- 13.3" Touchscreen
- .7" Thin and 2.9 lbs
- 4 Cell Battery with 10 Hour Run Time
- With ThinkPad Protection Plan Accidental Damage Coverage, repairing damage caused by spills, drops and other accidents is covered at no additional cost to you.
- Full technical repairs and troubleshooting onsite
- No down time—loaner computer provided while repairs are made
Total Package Price: $1,444The cost of the computer package will be billed to the student account as a computer fee. Additional loan funds are available to assist families with the cost. Please contact Financial Aid at [email protected] or 802-387-6718.
Required software for students placed in Partial Credit:
- Kurzweil 3000 Text to Speech software at a cost of $227
Required software for students placed in Language Intensive Curriculum (LIC):
- Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium v12 Voice-Recognition software with a quality headset is required at a cost of $170
- Kurzweil 3000 Text to Speech software at a cost of $227
Full Credit Students:
- Kurzweil 3000 and Dragon Naturally Speaking can be purchased and installed upon request at the Help Desk, and the cost will be billed to the student account or paid with credit card. Once installed software can’t be returned or refunded.
Return/Refund PolicyOnce students take possession of their computers at registration, the College is not able to accept returns or provide a refund. Student Central Onboarding Portal once you have been accepted.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or 10
- Full Touchscreen
- Intel Core i5 processor or higher
- 8GB memory or higher
- 256GB hard drive or higher
Landmark Network AccessAll personal computers must be registered before internet access is granted. Students will be asked to turn in their computers for registration when they arrive on campus for Student Registration. If a computer does not meet the minimum requirements, it will not be registered and no network or internet access will be granted.
Hardware Repairs on Personal LaptopsStudents who receive an approved Exception and bring their own computer will be responsible for repairs through their computer manufacturer. Accordingly, with the limited exception of connectivity issues, software installations, viruses, and spyware cleanup, any problems with personal, non-Package computers are the responsibility of the student. ITS will not violate warranty conditions that are set by the manufacturer to troubleshoot or repair these notebooks. There are computer repair shops nearby that can assist students who brought their own computers. Landmark College technicians are Lenovo-certified and are able to offer repair and troubleshooting services to students with these computers.
Support Services Offered
- Internet & Network Connectivity
- Mobile Device Synchronization
- Network Printing
- Software Installations
- Spyware/Virus Removal
- Wireless Access
- Password Retrieval & Resetting
- Laptop Repair Services
Laptop Repair Services
Lenovo RepairThe Help Desk is staffed by certified Lenovo ThinkPad technicians. Necessary repairs on a Landmark student’s notebook purchased through the Landmark College Student Computer Package (see below) can be performed in-house, with typically a quick (24–48 hour) turnaround time. Should a notebook purchased through the program need to be left at the Help Desk for troubleshooting or repair, a loaner notebook can be provided, so you can get back to work immediately. If you bring a personal Lenovo ThinkPad with an accidental damage warranty, the Help Desk can repair your machine, but is unable to offer you a loaner notebook.
Other RepairsIf you bring a personal computer, the Help Desk is unable to offer any hardware repair work on campus as we are not certified to work on other machines. In the event that you need repairs, you would need to work with the manufacturer. For Macs, there is a local company, Brown Computer Solutions 802-251-0479, which is an Apple Authorized Service Provider in Brattleboro, Vermont.
To know more about laptop programs, click here.