Illinois Institute of Technology
Non Sponsored School
Dell and Apple Computers
COMPUTER DISCOUNTSIllinois Tech students receive special pricing from Dell and Apple.
RECOMMENDED COMPUTER SPECIFICATIONSTo determine the best computer to suit your needs, first consider your primary usage. We highly recommend that you consult your with your academic program to find out what types of programs you will need to use on your computer and their specific recommendations or requirements. Some software companies provide lists of computer hardware that have been certified to work with their applications.
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS BEFORE PURCHASING YOUR COMPUTER
- Are you primarily writing papers and accessing the Internet?
- Do you need to use your computer for programming?
- Do you need to use your computer for multimedia work?
- Will you be creating graphics, music, or video?
- Anti-virus software installed and properly configured.
- Three-year warranty (extended coverage from Manufacturer, Retailer, or AppleCare) and/or theft and accidental damage insurance.
- Theft and damage insurance
- USB flash drive (64GB recommended or higher recommended)
- Integrated Webcam (Skype, Google+ Hangouts, etc).
- Backup Solution (External Hard Drive with 500+ GB, Carbonite, CrashPlan).
Degrees and Programs Offered:
Laptop RentalsThe Office of Technology Services (OTS) provides equipment for rent to faculty, staff, departments, and organizations of Illinois Institute of Technology and select external organizations. These services are intended to assist the Illinois Tech community in optimizing education.Equipment rental is a service provided by the Support Desk.
All Rental Requests Must Have the Following Information
- Date and time equipment is needed.
- Date and time equipment will be returned.
- Time by which the setup should be completed.
- A diagram showing how the equipment should be set-up.
- Whether the equipment is being picked up or delivered to customer. Note the Support Desk only delivers for quantities of 4 or more, unless labor is requested.
- Customer must agree to all charges before the rental can be scheduled.
- OTS equipment should be requested at least five business days in advance of an event. Failure to do so may result in your not being able to check out the equipment.
- Rush/emergency rentals (within two days), if feasible, incur a $50 additional rush charge.
- Rentals prior to 9:30 a.m. are charged 2 hours' labor because two team members will be assigned.
Equipment Rental Will be Given the Following Priority1. Illinois Tech classes 2. Illinois Tech organizations 3. Non-Illinois Tech organizationsStudents who wish to check out equipment must have written approval from a faculty member. Faculty and staff will be directly responsible for the equipment.
|Laptop||$50/day per laptop|
|Wireless microphone||$20/day per microphone|
|Card reader||$10/day per reader|
|Onsite labor||$50/hour (weekends – $75/hour)|