Non Sponsored School
Boston, MassachusettsWeb Link
About the School:Boston University is a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts. The university is nonsectarian, but has been historically affiliated with the United Methodist Church. The university has more than 3,900 faculty members and nearly 33,000 students, and is one of Boston's largest employers.
Laptop Programs:The Lenovo Laptop Purchase Program has been created in order to provide current Boston University students, faculty and staff (including incoming students) the opportunity to purchase Lenovo business class laptop computers at significantly discounted prices. This favorable pricing is due to Boston University’s long standing relationships with the same vendors from whom we purchase large volumes of institutional assets. All models can run Adobe Creative Cloud applications!
Who is eligible?
- The Lenovo Laptop Purchase Program is available to all current Boston University students, faculty and staff (including incoming students).
What is included?
- In addition to your Lenovo laptop your bundle will include a protective sleeve.
Service and support
- Laptops include a 3 year on-site warranty, with warranty upgrades available.
- Convenient walk-in service center for hardware repair and software support.(1)
- Laptop loaner program available if your repair takes longer than 2 business days to complete. (Availability is first come, first serve, while available.
COM LOANER LAPTOPSCOM has a limited supply of laptops available in RM 205 which students can check out and use for the duration of their class. These COM-owned computers have a variety of software packages installed which include Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Media Composer, MS Office, IBM SPSS, and R Studio. COM loaner laptops are intended for in-class use of technical software and are for students who are unable to use their own laptop. See below for a full list of the laptop checkout policies.
COM Student Laptop Loan Policies
- Laptops are intended for in-class use of technical software (Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Media Composer, IBM SPSS, etc.).
- Laptops are not intended for basic computing functions (web browsing, taking notes, social media, printing).
- Laptops are not to be taken off-campus.
- Student laptop checkouts have a maximum duration of six (6) hours.
- For checkouts created after 3 PM, laptops may be returned after 9 PM using the after-hours drop-off slot in the door to COM Room 205.
- After-hours returns must be found in the drop-off by 9 AM the next business day in order to not be considered late.
- Students who do not return a laptop within the allotted checkout duration may be fined $20 a day until the laptop is returned to Computer Support Services (Room 205).
- Students with outstanding fines cannot check out a laptop or other piece of equipment until that fine has been paid in full.
- Laptops that have not been returned on time may be remotely locked by Computer Support Services staff.
- A student may be held liable for the cost of repairing or replacing a laptop in the event it is damaged, lost, or stolen while checked out to that student.