Scholarships for Single Moms
Park Foundation Scholarship
Award amount: $2,000
The Park Foundation Scholarship is actually two awards given to full-time students, one female, and one male. The female recipient must be a single woman and a custodial parent raising her kids alone. She must have a GPA of 3.00 oh, and she must demonstrate that she needs the money. The male recipient must be a Vietnam vet who no longer has access to education benefits.
The Ann and Peter Ziegler Scholarship
Award Amount: Varies
The Anne and Peter Ziegler Scholarship is a scholarship that was established through the CNM Foundation. It assists single mothers who are majoring in Liberal Arts, have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and who plan on transferring to a four-year university or college.
Ford Opportunity Program
Award Amount: Up to $25,000
The Ford Opportunity Program is a generous program for people living in Oregon or Siskiyou County in California. It’s unique in that it pays for up to 90% of a student’s unmet need as determined by FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), making it an extremely generous scholarship. To qualify:
- You have to be the head of your household with at least one child who’s under the age of 18.
- You have to have graduated or be close to graduating high school or about to receive your GED, and your minimum cumulative GPA can’t go below 3.0
- You have to have at least one full year left your bachelor’s or associate’s degree.
Bernice Murray Scholarship
Award Amount: $2000
This scholarship was created in 2011 by the Beatrice F. Kroesche Foundation. It’s awarded to a single mother who’s in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or a single woman who is hard of hearing or seeing who meets the same GPA requirements.
Capture the Dream, Inc. Single Parent Scholarship
Award Amount: $1000
This scholarship is awarded to single parents who are graduating high school seniors or college undergrads. To qualify, they have to meet the following requirements:
- They have to be a Bay Area resident.
- They have to be from a low-income home.
- They must be the guardian or legal parent of one or more children under the age of 18.
- They have to be attending an accredited, not-for-profit two-year or four-year program.
Dr. Dean K. and Helen S. Christensen Endowed Scholarship
Award Amount: $1800
This scholarship was established in 1995 as an award for a single mom who’s enrolled in a nursing program. In order to qualify for the award, students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, and they have to be enrolled in a full-time nursing program.
LouEllen Dabbs Scholarship
Award Amount: $750
This scholarship is awarded to single parents who pursuing careers in business-related fields like finance or banking. In order to qualify, they have to be in a business or banking program, be a single parent to a minor child and have a minimum 2.35 GPA
Patsy Takemoto Mink Foundation Scholarship
Award Amount: $5000
To qualify for this award, single moms need to be meet the following requirements:
- They need to be at least 17 years of age with minor children under the age of 18.
- They need to be enrolled in a skills training, GED or ESL program.
- They can be going after a technical or vocational degree, a bachelor’s degree, or a professional degree like a master’s or doctoral degree.
- Their annual family income needs to be under $20k for a family or two, $24k for a family or three or $28k for a family of four.