Online Colleges in Virginia
Virginia was one of the 13 original colonies, and it is the birthplace of 8 former presidents. More than 8.1 million people reside in VA, with a large portion of them living in the Richmond and Virginia Beach areas. This state is rich in American history, and it offers a plethora of job opportunities for all industries. The average employee here earns nearly $50,000 a year, according to wage estimates in 2012 from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The scenic beaches and expansive mountains in Virginia make it great for nature lovers of all ages.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Business Management & Accounting, Graphic Arts, Medical Specialties, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Master of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship emphasis, Master of Public Health, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a New Media Marketing emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Business Administration with an Asset Management emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
- About the School: Liberty University is primarily an online college, but it does have one campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. This is school is founded in the Christian faith, but it accepts students of all religions. The school was established in 1971, and it has been offering degrees online since 1985. Liberty University was one of the pioneers of distance learning.
- Laptop Programs: Liberty University offers computers and software at discounted rates for students. Students may also use and return university-owned computers if they do not wish to purchase one on their own. Popular brands within this program include Dell, Apple, Lenovo, and Microsoft.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Liberty University offers over 160 degree programs in the following categories: Academic Support, Advising Services, Aeronautics, Arts and Sciences, Business, Communication, Creative Arts, Education, Engineering and Computational Sciences, Health Sciences, General Studies, Government, Law, Music, Osteopathic Medicine, Religion, Seminary
- Web Address: Liberty.edu
- Accreditation: CCSACS