Online Colleges in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is one of the most historical states in the U.S. It was the second state to join the Union and one of the first land areas that pioneers set foot on during colonization. It is the sixth most populous state in the country, and it is home to more than 12.7 million people each year. Tourists flood this area to visit Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Lake Erie, but some come here for the expansive Amish community in certain parts of the state. Job prospects here are positive, with an average annual income of $44,520.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Graphic Arts, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Medical Assisting, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
- About the School: Chatham University has been around for over 140 years, providing valuable training programs for students in Pittsburgh. The school has more than 500 courses of study and a massive assortment of degrees to choose from. Most bachelor's and master's degrees here can be completed in less than five years. The student-to-faculty ratio here is 10:1.
- Laptop Programs: Each first-year student enrolling in CU receives a 13" MacBook Pro during his orientation. Students are able to use their computers over the course of their degree. Each student is charged a technology fee per semester to cover the cost of the laptop. Once a student graduates, ownership of the computer is transferred into his name. The MacBooks available here come with four year AppleCare warranties, as well as SafeWare Accidental Damage Protection and SafeWare Theft Protection.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Accounting, African-American Studies, Applied Management, Art History, Art Museum Studies, Arts Management, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Creative Writing, Criminology, Cultural Studies, Economics, Education, English, Environmental Policy, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Environmental Writing, Exercise Science, Film and Digital Technology, Global Policy Studies, History, Integrative Health Studies, Interior Architecture, International Business, International Studies, Law & Society, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Media, Music, Nursing, Physics, Policy Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Public Policy Studies, RN-BSN, Social Services Administration, Social Work, Sustainability, Visual Arts, Women's Studies, Writing
- Web Address: Chatham.edu
- Accreditation: ACOTE, ARCEPA, ACS, APTA, CCNE, CAPTE, CIDA, CSWE, LAAB, PDETCP
- About the School: Ursinus College was established in 1869, and since then it has expanded greatly. The school is located in Collegeville, PA, and it is one of the first higher learning institutes in the state. It has a 12:1 student-faculty ratio, and it offers over 60 academic majors. The student population here is low at 1,650, but there are students here from 35 states and 12 countries.
- Laptop Programs: Ursinus offers a laptop program for new students in the school. Students are issued a laptop to use during their degree, and they are issued an upgrade to that computer at least once in their time in school. The program is called the "Laptop Initiative," and it has been around since 2000.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Art & Art History, Music, Theater and Dance, Biology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Exercise & Sport Science, Mathematics, Physics, American Studies, History, Classics, East Asian Studies, English, History, Modern Languages, Philosophy & Religious Studies, Social Sciences, Anthropology & Sociology, Business & Economics, Education, Environmental Studies, Media & Communication Studies, Politics & International Relations, Psychology, Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health Professions, African American and Africana Studies, Applied Ethics, Film Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies, Latin American Studies, Peace and Social Justice
- Web Address: Ursinus.edu
- Accreditation: MSACS