Online Colleges in Oklahoma
Oklahoma is in the heart of the Great Plains, and it offers a variety of educational opportunities. The standard of living here is one of the lowest in the nation, yielding affordable housing, food, utilities, and more. The weather here is hot in the summer and mild in the winter, but tornado season brings out some of the most fascinating meteorological events known to man. That is why this state is home to many of the nation’s leading storm chasers. The average employee in Oklahoma earns approximately $39,000 a year.
Northern Oklahoma College
- About the School: Northern Oklahoma College is a public community college in Tonkawa, Oklahoma, with additional campuses located in Enid, Oklahoma and Stillwater, Oklahoma. Student enrollment is approximately 2,700. NOC bought the former Phillips University in Enid, Oklahoma in 1999, and has turned it into the NOC Enid campus.
- Laptop Programs:
Loaner Laptop ProgramNorthern Oklahoma College-Enid campus through a grant with Mobile Beacon is able to provide laptop computers (including any accompanying peripherals) on a per semester loan basis. They can be used on and off campus for educational purposes only. The loan and use of these laptop computers to students is subject to the term and conditions as outlined in the Application/Agreement form.
- Web Address: http://www.noc.edu/loaner-laptop-program
Oklahoma Christian University
- Laptop Programs:
- What is GradPrep?
- What does GradPrep do to my computer?
- How do I run GradPrep?GradPrep is a program that transfers ownership of your University-issued MacBook, to you. GradPrep involves two main components:
- GradPrep will remove all non-transferable programs from your computer. These programs are: Sophos Anti-Virus, WinZip, WinRAR, and LockDown Browser. Any other programs installed on your computer will remain installed.
- GradPrep will remove your MacBook from the OC domain and network. You will be the "new" owner of the laptop, and you will have full administrator rights to manage the laptop.
- Degrees and Programs Offered:
Running GradPrep in Mac
- Login into the Mac OS as you normally do using your OC login and password.
- Ensure that File Vault is turned off. Turn off FileVault by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Click on the FileVault tab and then click the "Turn Off FileVault..." button. Note: If the option to turn off FileVault is grayed out, click the Lock icon in the bottom left corner and enter your password.
- Open a web browser and go to: https://webadvisor.oc.edu/its/Software/GradPrep/gradprep.dmg
- A download window will open. Click on the GradPrep icon and launch the program.
- Once the GradPrep program begins, please do not use your computer or interrupt the program.
- Your laptop will restart several times and the GradPrep program will continue running on its own.
- Once the program is complete, it will display a complete message with your new passwords. Please make a note of your new computer password.
- After you have completed GradPrep in Mac, please restart your laptop. As it is turning back on, press and hold the alt key. If a lock symbol appears, asking for a password, please contact Support Central for assistance in removing this password prompt. If you are not prompted for a password, proceed to the GradPrep for Windows instructions.
Running GradPrep in Windows
- Login into Windows as you normally do using your OC login and password.
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under the heading Programs.
- Select all Sophos programs (there may be up to three). Right-click and select Uninstall. Please uninstall all Sophos programs from your computer.
- Open a web browser and go to: https://webadvisor.oc.edu/its/Software/Gradprep/gradprep.zip
- Right-click on the file from your downloads folder. Click Unzip.
- Double-click the new file to run the program.
- Once the GradPrep program begins, please do not use your computer or interrupt the program.
- Your computer will restart multiple times. This is normal.
- Once the program is complete, it will display a message with your new passwords. Please make a note of both your account password as well as an administrator password, if applicable.
Further InformationPlease run GradPrep before you leave campus. If GradPrep has not been run before you leave campus and you have problems running the software, you will need to bring or ship the laptop to Support Central for assistance. There may be a fee assessed. You will be responsible for any cost associated with shipping your laptop (to & from OC) if you cannot bring the laptop to us.
- Web Address: https://support.oc.edu/hc/en-us/articles/203197323-Run-GradPrep
Southern Nazarene University
- Laptop Programs: In order for undergraduate students at Southern Nazarene University to succeed academically, it is critical that they have ongoing access to a laptop computer. For the majority of classes, professors will ask students to use their computers during class on a daily basis. Additionally, students will be assigned homework, projects, or papers which require the use of a computer.
Laptop Options SNU currently offers two options for purchasing a laptop:1) Purchase a laptop through our pre-negotiated discount program with Dell. To view their pricing and select a computer visit Dell's SNU webpage. -OR- 2) Purchase a computer that meets the minimum specifications (see below) and bring your own device. Computer Hardware Specifications Before purchasing a laptop, be sure the system meets these specifications:
Minimum Specifications: Processor: Intel Core i5 Dual Core, or similar AMD Memory: 8 GB Operating System: Windows 10 Pro or MacOS Mojave Hard Drive: 128 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) Network: Dual-Band Wireless Warranty: 1 Year
Recommended Specifications: Processor: Intel Core i5, Quad Core or similar AMD Memory: 16 GB Operating System: Windows 10 Pro or MacOS Mojave Hard Drive: M.2 256 GB NVMe Solid State Drive (SSD) Network: Ethernet and Dual-Band wireless Warranty: 3 years Other: Built-in webcam
Major-Specific Computer Specifications:
- Graphic Design & Mass Communication students must have a Mac with capacity to run Adobe Creative Suite software (latest version which updates regularly.) If you are looking at buying a new mac, visit Apple's educational website and save some money: https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop.
- The School of Education strongly recommends, but does not require, a Mac computer.
- Biology and Chemistry strongly recommends all students have a laptop with a standard usb drive, the ability to run Microsoft Excel, and the ability to use Webprint.
- Math and math education majors strongly recommends all students to have a laptop (Chromebooks and iPads cannot run the software currently being used in Calculus I).
- Degrees and Programs Offered: At SNU, we believe when properly incorporated, technology enhances the educational experience. We also believe that every student who graduates from SNU should have a broad range of computer skills. All our classrooms and campuses are equipped with wireless networking and our curriculum is presented in a web-based format. We utilize this technology both in the classroom and outside of class.
PGS Technology OfficeThe technology office of SNU Professional and Graduate Studies is here to help all adult students with their technology needs. Services include:
- Virus and Malware cleanup
- Help with upgrades (RAM and Hard Drive)
- Warranty Service
- Canvas course troubleshooting
- General Computer and network troubleshooting
- Password resets
- Web Address: http://snu.edu/laptops
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Graphic Arts, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Medical Assisting, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
University of Oklahoma
- About the School: The University of Oklahoma is in Norman, Oklahoma. The school is just a short drive from the Oklahoma City metropolis, so many students live in nearby towns while they attend school. OU is known for its medical programs, but the school also has a thriving meteorology and geosciences department. The tuition here is affordable, and the student population is heavily diverse.
- Laptop Programs: The University of Oklahoma recommends that each student have a laptop or desktop computer to access certain exams and assignments through the school. OU does not give out laptops to incoming students, but they do have a laptop loaner program available through the OU Law Library. Students may check out a laptop to use on their own and return it within the checkout timeframe. Some restrictions to usage will apply.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Accounting, Advertising, Aerospace Engineering, Anthropology, Arabic, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Art, Art History, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Aviation, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Chinese, Civil Engineering, Composition, Computer Engineering, Construction Science, Drama, Early Childhood Education, Economics, Elementary Education, Energy Management, Engineering Physics, English, Environmental Geology, Environmental Sustainability, Ethics and Religion, European Studies, Filmmaking, Finance, Foreign Language Education, French, Geography, Geology, Geophysics, German, Health and Exercise Science, History, Human Relations, Human Resources Management, Industrial Engineering, Instrumental Music Education, Interior Design, International Business, Italian, Journalism and Mass Communication, Language Arts Education, Linguistics, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Mechanical Engineering, Meteorology, Microbiology, Modern Dance Performance, Music, Native American Studies, Paleontology, Percussion, Petroleum Geology, Philosophy, Physics, Piano, Political Science, Psychology, Public Relations, Religious Studies, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Special Education, Sports Management, Studio Arts, Supply Chain Management, Theatre, Vocal Music Education, Voice, Women's and Gender Studies
- Web Address: OU.edu
- Accreditation: HLC