Online Colleges in Ohio
Ohio is known as “The Heart of It All,” and it is the seventh most populous state in the country. Some people refer to it as the “Mother of the Presidents” because seven U.S. presidents have come from this state. Earning opportunities here are great with a mean hourly wage of $20.52. That equates to $42,690 a year. There are over 5 million employees in Ohio as of 2012, indicating that this state has many job opportunities available. With the right education, one of those could be yours.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Graphic Arts, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Medical Assisting, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
Mercy College of Ohio
- About the School: Mercy College is a small health sciences college in Toledo, Ohio. The school has multiple accreditations for its individual programs, and it is considered one of the premier institutes to attend for nursing and radiology training. The average degree program here costs approximately $25,000 to complete from start to finish. Financial aid is available to assist with the costs.
- Laptop Programs: The laptop program for Mercy College is designed to reward honors students for their academic achievements. Students enrolled in the honors program are issued a personal laptop computer to use for research, assignments, teambuilding exercises, and more.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Cardiovascular Technology, Health Information, Medical Records Technology, Health Care Administration, Health Care Management, Medical Radiologic Technology, Radiation Therapist, Ophthalmic Technologist, Polysomnography, Registered Nursing
- Web Address: MercyCollege.edu
- Accreditation: HLC of the NCACS, OBR, CCNE, ACEN, OBN, JRC-CVT, CAHIIM, AHIMA, JRCERT, OH-22, CoA-OMP,CAAHEP, CoA PSG
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- About the School: Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a faith-based college that offers a range of degrees to choose from. Most of the programs here are related to ministry, but there are math and science programs here as well. Bachelor's degrees at MVNU take approximately four years to complete. The graduate degrees take anywhere from two to six years, depending on their complexity.
- Laptop Programs: At MVNU, a laptop computer is included as part of the cost of attendance. Students are also eligible to check out a computer from the library for a short day of use. Failure to turn in the computer by the time the library closes can result in late fees and other penalties.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Accounting, Art, Biblical Studies, Biology, Business Administration, Business Technology, Chemistry, Child Development, Children's Ministries, Church Music, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Drama, Early Childhood Education, Educational Ministries, English, Family and Consumer Sciences, Family Environments, Finance, Fitness Management, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Information Technology Management, Integrated Business Education, Intercultural Studies, Intervention Specialist, Journalism and Media Production, Life Science Education, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Middle Childhood Education, Music, Nursing, Pastoral Ministry, Philosophy, Physical Education, Political Science, Psychology, Public Relations, Religion Humanities, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Theological Studies, Urban Ministry, Visual Arts Education, Worship Ministry, Youth Ministries
- Web Address: MVNU.edu
- Accreditation: NCAHLC, ECERCN, CL, AGB, AICUO, CCCU, CHEA, CIC, NAICU, NAIA, OCA, OFIC, ACBSP, CCNE, OLNAACN, NASM, OBM