Online Colleges in New York
New York may be the home of the Big Apple, but it has a lot more to offer the United States. New York is home to over 19.5 million people, with the majority of them living in urban areas. It is the third most densely populated state in the country. The average worker in New York earns a staggering $134,490 a year, but the cost of living in this state is comparatively high. Nevertheless, you can find great work and a great place to live here if you have a good education behind you. With many great online colleges in New York, you don’t have to look far to find that great education you’ve been looking for.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Graphic Arts, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Medical Assisting, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
St. John’s University
- About the School: St. John's University is a Catholic university that offers a range of degrees in health sciences. Most of the students here graduate to become nurses, doctors, psychiatrists, and more. The tuition for this private university is higher than most, but the class sizes are small and focused. Almost all of the school's degree programs are individually accredited, ensuring that you get solid career training no matter what.
- Laptop Programs: St. John's laptop program has been around since the Fall semester of 2003. Every new freshman or transfer student that comes to the school receives a laptop to use throughout his career. The laptops are available at all St. John's University locations, and maintenance is included while students are in school.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Asian Studies, Biochemistry, Biology/Biological Sciences, Accounting, Business Administration and Management, Computer Science, Elementary Education and Teaching, English Language and Literature, Rhetoric and Composition, Classics and Classical Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics, French Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, Spanish Language and Literature, Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition Services, Registered Nursing, History, Humanities/Humanistic Studies, Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies, Computational Mathematics, Mathematics, Biological and Physical Sciences, Interdisciplinary Studies, Natural Sciences, Nutrition Sciences, Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution, Environmental Studies,Philosophy, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Social Work, Economics, Political Science and Government, Social Sciences, Sociology, Divinity/Ministry, Theology and Religious Vocations, Studies, Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, Music
- Web Address: StJohns.edu
- Accreditation: MSACHE, SEDNY, RUSNY, AACSB, ACPH, ARCEPA, ABA, ALA, APA, CAAASLP, CACREP, JRCERT, NAACLS, TEAC