Online Colleges in New Mexico
New Mexico is the sixth most densely populated state in the U.S., and it is home to more than 2 million people. Over 1/4 of the state speaks Spanish, and a small percentage also speak Navajo. Finding a job in this heavily populated state is easy, and the mean hourly wage here is close to $20 an hour. Temperatures stay high for most of the year, but there are harsh cold months in the winter. If you have a good education in New Mexico, you should be able to lead a happy life here.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Graphic Arts, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Medical Assisting, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
University of New Mexico
- About the School: The University of New Mexico is one of the largest schools in the state. It has more than 200 degree programs available, including certificates, associate's degrees, bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and more. The tuition here is affordable for in-state and out-of-state students, and the financial aid department offers a wide range of scholarships to cover the costs.
- Laptop Programs: The University of New Mexico has a special pricing program through Dell that allows students to get laptops at a highly discounted price. The school offers laptops of varying sizes and performance options to suit each student's individual needs. One of the major benefits of this laptop program is that it includes free technical support courtesy of the school. If your laptop has any issues while you are a student, you can bring it in free of charge.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Life Sciences, Health and Healthcare, Humanities and Languages Engineering and Mathematics, Teaching and Learning, Computing and Cyberspace, Infrastructure, Construction and Design Business, Finance and Economics, Social Science and Transformation. Physical Sciences, Creative Expressions, Technology and Science, Policy and Politics, Exploratory and Interdisciplinary Arts and Culture, Law and Social Justice, Energy and Environment
- Web Address: UNM.edu
- Accreditation: HLC