Online Colleges in Missouri
Missouri is home to major industries including farming, mining and manufacture of aircraft equipment. This means Missourians have options when it comes to planning their future. With choices through education, or jumping right into the career field out of high school, the choice can often be difficult. Most research shows that earning a degree will give you a significant advantage throughout your career, so strongly consider this option. Many schools offer educations through online means which allow you to go to school and begin your career right away. You don’t need to jump into college right after graduating, but consider the move at some point in the near future. You will find plenty of school in your own backyard, and around the country, that can prepare you for advancement in any field.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Graphic Arts, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Medical Assisting, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
Northwest Missouri State University
- About the School: Northwest Missouri State University is a well-known college for more than its 2013 NCAA Division II Football National Champion team. It is also a school that focuses on preparing its students for a future that is uncertain and in need of leaders. You will find a wide variety of educational programs in the school and plenty of diverse students to learn alongside. Online and campus based courses are offered, so no matter your schedule, you are sure to find the right program for you.
- Laptop Programs: Full-time undergraduate (at least 12 credit hours) and graduate students (at least 9 credit hours) will receive a laptop to use while studying at Northwest.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Agricultural Business Operations, Agronomy and Crop Science, Animal Science, Biology, Biotechnology, Marine Biology, Radio and Television Management, Public Relations, Bilingual and Multilingual Education, Digital, Multimedia and Information Resource Design, Educational Leadership and Administration, Philosophy, Recreation and Leisure Facilities Management, Political Science, Physiological Psychology, Drama, Art, Music.
- Web Address: NWMissouri.edu
- Awards: 2013 NCAA Division II Football National Champions
- Accreditation: HLC, ACBSP, CEND, CoAPRT, MSBE, NCATE, NAEYC, NASM, CS, NCFR, AACTE