Online Colleges in Georgia
Georgia is home to many major industries, especially textiles, agriculture and timber. While many of the jobs that come from the industries do not require a formal education, that has not stopped the state from focusing on promoting education within the state. With well recognized schools such as Georgia State University and University of Georgia there are plenty of schools at home for students from around the country and world. That doesn’t mean students in Georgia don’t want options though. Fortunately, plenty of colleges throughout the country offer online degree programs, and some in the state even offer programs that provide students with access to laptops. Your options are varied, so don’t settle in on a college until you learn more about what is out there.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Graphic Arts, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Medical Assisting, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
- About the School: Mercer University is focused on training students to enter a career in the law profession. With nationally recognized programs and students that are prepared to practice and committed to serve their community, your education will carry you far throughout your working life.
- Laptop Programs: Students receive laptops during orientation.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: JD, LL.M. JD/MBA, Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research and Drafting, Business Certificates, Law and Public Service
- Web Address: Mercer.edu
- Accreditation: ABA