Online Colleges in California
California is a large, varied state with plenty of beaches and a wide array of people. There are many online colleges in California that students from around the world will relocate to attend. This gives the state a unique, diverse, and progressive population. For those that prefer to relax and soak up the sun, there is plenty of room for that, but the size of the state leaves just as much room for those that want to take in the night life, or something in between the two. While Berkeley and Stanford University may be some of the biggest names in The Golden State, they aren’t the only options for students.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Graphic Arts, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Medical Assisting, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
Azusa Pacific University
- About the School: As a leader in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, APU is dedicated to providing a superior form of higher education. With over 100 programs ranging from associate’s to doctoral degrees, campus based, online learning and seven regional centers throughout Southern California, the school is focused on providing options for their students. They are also recognized as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News and World Report.
- Laptop Programs: Lease to own program.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Accounting, Adult and Professional Studies, Behavioral and Applied Sciences, Business and Management, Education, Honors, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Music and the Arts, Nursing, Theology
- Web Address: APU.edu
- Awards: Tier One, No. 173 America’s Best Colleges 2014 U.S. News and World Report. One of 124 institutions in the Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.
- Accreditation: WASC, IACBE, NASM, CCNE, ATS, NASAD, CAATE, CAPTE, APA, NASP, CSWE, CTC, NCATE, ALCI, AAIEP
California College San Diego
- About the School: Dedicated to ensuring students have the tools and resources to graduate and earn a better career sooner, the focus of CCSD is on your desires and goals. Formally known as the California College for Health Sciences, the school has moved forward to offer a more robust education. The school is a private, nonprofit college that is independent and able to invest in you, without worrying about the bottom line.
- Laptop Programs: Laptop computers are issued to California College San Diego students to facilitate their coursework. The laptop is owned by California College San Diego. Upon graduation, the laptop becomes the student's property as a gift from California College San Diego.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Respiratory Therapy, Medical Specialties (associate’s), Health Science, Nursing, Nursing Administration, Healthcare Administration, Business Management and Accounting, Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Programming, Computer Technology and Networking, Health Information management, Healthcare Informatics, Graphic Arts, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: CC-SD.edu
- Accreditation: ACCSC, CoARC
California Institute of Integral Studies
- About the School: CIIS helps you engage in the world today to promote education and personal growth. Exploring the deep connection between creative, curious, mindful and socially aware individuals and the type of education they receive, allows the school to help you focus on what is important to you. Online programs and campus based study is offered with transformative leadership and one-of-a-kind graduate programs. You won’t just learn from books at CIIS, you will learn from yourself, and the world around you.
- Laptop Programs: This school allows you to lump the cost of a laptop in with your tuition up to $450 through the Cost of Attendance forms.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Anthropology and Social Change, Asian and Comparative Studies, Community Mental Health, Drama Therapy, East-West Psychology, Ecology, Spirituality and Religious, Expressive Arts Therapy, Human Sexuality, Integrative Health Studies, Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness, Somatic Psychology, Women’s Spirituality, Writing and Consciousness.
- Web Address: CIIS.edu
- Accreditation: WASC