Online Colleges in North Dakota
North Dakota is one of the least densely populated states in the country, with less than 700,000 residents. Most of the citizens in ND live in rural communities focused on extracting and harvesting the state’s natural resources. The standard of living here is low, but the annual mean wage is $40,850. There are over 400,000 employees in North Dakota, and many of them work in oil or agriculture.
Valley City State University
- About the School: Valley City State University offers online and campus-based degrees for its students. Many of the degree programs here are in the field of education, but there are other opportunities to explore as well. VCSU is a public, four year university that offers affordable tuition for in-state and out-of-state residents. There are over 80 programs of study to choose from here.
- Laptop Programs: Students at VCSU are offered a laptop when they enroll in school. This laptop program is only for full time students, but it gives them access to a computer they need while they are in school. Students may be eligible to purchase their laptops after graduation, but that may be after a lease cycle is complete.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Biological Sciences, Business Administration and Management, Management Information Systems, Office Management and Supervision, Speech Communication and Rhetoric, Computer and Information Sciences, Art Education, Biology Education, Business Education, Chemistry, Elementary Education and Teaching, English Education, Health, History Education, Mathematics Education, Music, Physical Education Teaching and Coaching, Social Science, Spanish, Technical Education, Industrial Arts, English Language and Literature, Athletic Training, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology, Medical Preparatory Programs, History, Mathematics, Wildlife, Fish and Wildlands Science and Management, Health and Physical Fitness, Psychology, Human Services, Art/Art Studies, Music Management, Music
- Web Address: VCSU.edu
- Accreditation: HLC, NCATE, NASM, NGCSA
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Business Management & Accounting, Graphic Arts, Medical Specialties, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Master of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship emphasis, Master of Public Health, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a New Media Marketing emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Business Administration with an Asset Management emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC