Online Colleges in North Carolina
North Carolina houses a vast assortment of community colleges, which are perfect for students looking or career-specific training. If you would like to pursue a bachelor’s degree or higher, this state also has a number of universities to choose from. North Carolina has mild winters and summers, and it is one of the most sought-after states to retire in. With a population of over 9.7 million, there are plenty of people here to interact with.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Business Management & Accounting, Graphic Arts, Medical Specialties, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Master of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship emphasis, Master of Public Health, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a New Media Marketing emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Business Administration with an Asset Management emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
Wake Forest University
- About the School: Wake Forest University offers small class sizes and a wide range of majors to suit any student's needs. Students can choose from undergraduate and graduate programs, encompassed in one of four branches: school of business, school of divinity, school of law, and the school of medicine. WFU offers career development advice to help students after they graduate.
- Laptop Programs: Students who enroll in school at Wake Forest University receive a Lenovo ThinkPad to use during the duration of their education. During their third year of school, students may exchange their ThinkPads for a new model. Students have the option to purchase their ThinkPad to use after graduation or return it in working condition. The laptops are issued during orientation.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Accountancy, Anthropology, Art History, Biology, Biophysics, Business and Enterprise Management, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, Classical Studies, Communication, Computer Science, Economics, Education, English, Finance, French Studies, German, Greek, Health and Exercise Science, History, Japanese Language and Culture, Latin, Mathematics, Music in Liberal Arts, Music Performance, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Russian, Sociology, Spanish, Studio Art
- Web Address: WFU.edu
- Accreditation: AACSB, ABA, ACS, ACE, ARCEPAAMA, AAC, AALS, AAMC, ATS, BLE, CCSACS, CACREP, CGS, CSGS, CNCSB, CSLEA, LCME, NAACLS, NAICU, NCATE, NCACU, NCICU, NCCGS, NCDPI, ORAU, SUC