Online Colleges in New Jersey
New Jersey is home to some of the most heavily-visited tourist attractions in the United States. The Jersey Shore is an iconic vacation destination for families and college students alike, but it is far from the only feature New Jersey has to offer. This state was the third one to join the union, and it was the site some of America’s earliest historical events. The average worker in New Jersey earns $25 an hour, which equates to about $52,000a year. If you would like to be one of the 3.79 million employees in NJ, you may want to start with a solid education. The schools listed below can provide you with just that.
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Programs: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Business Management & Accounting, Graphic Arts, Medical Specialties, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Master of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship emphasis, Master of Public Health, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a New Media Marketing emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Business Administration with an Asset Management emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Accreditation: ACCSC
- About the School: Centenary College was founded in 1867, and since then it has expanded throughout the state of New Jersey. The main campus for the school is in Hackettstown, but there are branches in Parsippany, Edison, and Long Valley. CC has a variety of degree opportunities for high school graduates, international students, veterans, and more. Students here can choose from an assortment of bachelor's and master's degree programs, including specialize training in equestrian studies and print journalism.
- Laptop Programs: To participate in the Centenary College laptop program, you must be a full-time undergraduate student. Part time and graduate students are not eligible for computers. Students are given a laptop when they enroll in the school, and they return them after they graduate. Students who do not return their computers are not allowed to participate in their commencement ceremonies. Each student may keep his laptop for the duration of his degree program.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Accounting, Art and Design, Biology, Forensic Science, Business Administration, Film Studies, Print Journalism, Radio and Television, Criminal Justice, Education, English, Environmental Science, Equine Studies, Fashion, Global Studies, Graphic Design and Multimedia Arts, History, Mathematics, Political and Governmental Affairs, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Theater Arts
- Web Address: CentenaryCollege.edu
- Accreditation: MSCHE, TEAC, CSWE, IACBE